4 Ways to be a #GirlBoss
(saying yes/no and everything in between)
At the beginning of 2017 I had a lot free time while staying with my in-laws in California. One evening, I stumbled upon a show called “Girlboss” on Netflix. In college, I LOVEDD the clothing line nasty gal, so naturally I was fascinated Sophia Amoruso, the creator of Nasty Gal. Girlboss is about Sophia’s life as a rebellious and broke entrepreneur who decides to sell vintage clothing through eBay. Soon Nasty Gal rises to become a multi-million dollar fashion empire. I watched episode after episode… just wanting to be her! I loved how Sophia was 100% herself (even with sometimes outrageous behavior) and it made me think what did I NOT do in 2017 that didn’t allow me to 100% myself.
Figure out what to say YES and NO to:
- Saying no when I really don’t have energy to do something or be with someone
- Not picking up my phone when I need quiet time
- concerned about what other people might think
- Doubting yourself
- saying no or being honest when your gut says something isn’t right
- Thinking that being kind means letting others walk all over you
- Looking back instead of ahead
- Beating myself up for things in the past
- Feeling guilty
- Clutter that I never use
- Clothes I never wear
- Spice Girls Tour Coming soon
- A new friend
- A old Friend
- A second chance
- Initiating the hard topic
- A day in my PJs
- Getting up and working out
- Learning a new topic
- Starting a book club
- Delegating jobs and not putting on all on me
- Taking responsibility
2. Learn, read, get inspired: You are what you read & spend time on:
List of books & movies that inspire me! I read about 5-8 Books a month!
|For Women ONLY||Wild|
|Never Go Back||Joy|
|Why Men Love Bitches||The Family Stone|
|Necessary Endings||The Devil Wears Prada|
|Redemption Series (20 book series)||Burlesque|
|Go Pro||28 days|
|Water for Elephants|
|Breakfast at Tiffany’s|
3. Forget what other people think & say about you
“The energy you’ll expend focusing on someone else’s life is better spent working on your own.” ― Sophia Amoruso
- Kick it others opinions out of your mind
- Do what makes you happy
- Focus on your own life
4. Always Hustle… Don’t Wait
“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle. —Abraham Lincoln”
- Ask for what you want – if you don’t ask you don’t get.
- Find out what makes you tick/passionate. What do you dream about?
- Create a plan/map. Find out how you can make it happen. Reach out to a person that inpires you, take them for coffee, learn!
- Do it! Tony Robbins says, “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you always gotten”.